Scott's Seafood Grill & Bar
3300 Bristol Street
7:30 - 8:00 AM Networking
8:00-9:30 AM Program
Technology Council Members $20
Link here to become a member
Or Call (310) 325-4000
Leadership on Demand
a.k.a. “Executive as a Service”
July 9, 2009
Business as usual is usually a path to mediocrity. In today’s economic environment, business leaders must seek every possible competitive advantage and the most powerful advantage is ensuring that the right people are leading the way.
There is a growing chorus of CEOs who are saying that “interim executive management offers a viable and innovative solution.” This event will explore an often overlooked method of building a world-class company by using interim executive management. Our panel will answer questions such as:
- How have companies successfully used interim executives to grow their companies?
- How do interim executives fit into a company’s strategic plans?
- What are the pros and cons of interim executives?
- Should the current economic recession change how you look at filling executive positions?
- What are the key drivers for selecting an interim executive? (When and under what conditions should you do it?)
- Should you hire a consultant?
- Isn’t it less expensive to just hire an executive full time?
The Technology Council of Southern California has fielded an expert panel who will answer these questions and many more during the July 9, 2009 breakfast event. If you are interested in growing your company while controlling your costs, plan on joining us for what promises to be a high-energy debate on this topic.
- Attendees will understand the cost benefits of using interim executives.
- You will understand why “interim executives” are so goal oriented.
- You’ll learn if you should choose an “interim” to solve your most pressing problems.
- Stuart Blake, Co-founder and CEO, The General Counsel LLC
- Karl Hardesty, Managing Partner, Pacific Region, Tatum LLC
- Bill Pesch, CEO, McBride Electric
- Pamela Wasley, CEO, Cerius Interim Executive Solutions, Inc.
Philip A. Nasser, Managing Partner, Sales Productivity Institute LLC
Pamela Wasley, CEO, Cerius Interim Executive Solutions, Inc.
Cerius Interim Executive Solutions is the leading provider of interim management services in the U.S. Prior to joining Cerius, she was President of a medical software company and Executive Vice President for a telecommunications company. Ms Wasley serves as a board member for several privately owned companies and is currently the Chairman of the Board for Orange County Head Start. Ms Wasley received a B.A. from Auburn University in Psychology and Business.
Stuart Blake, Co-founder and CEO, The General Counsel LLC
Stuart is an attorney with 30 years of in house corporate legal experience. He was the Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for Kinko's, Inc. for five years, the Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for Baskin-Robbins, USA, Co. for six years. Previous to that he spent six years with Burger King Corporation as Corporate Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel. Stuart formerly served on the Board of Directors of the Community Services Branch of the YMCA of Orange County, the Board of Directors of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and the Southern California Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel -America (ACC).
Bill Pesch, CEO, McBride Electric.
Mr. Pesch comes to McBride with diverse business experience including President at Driessen Aircraft Interior Systems, President and Chief Operating Officer at Anacomp; President at Francotyp-Postalia, Inc; VP/GM at A.B. Dick Company; VP International Business Development at Maytag Corporation; and Director of Marketing, Director of Manufacturing at Siemens Building Technologies, Inc. Mr. Pesch is a graduate from the University of New Mexico with a degree in Electrical engineering and a MBA degree from the Harvard Business School. Currently he serves as member of the Board for University of California, Irvine’s Merage Graduate School of Business.
Karl Hardesty, Managing Parnter, Pacific Region, Tatum LLC
Mr. Hardesty founded the Southern California practices for Tatum in 1999. Prior to Tatum, Mr. Hardesty was the Senior Vice President/CFO and a founding shareholder in First Physician Care, Inc. a $100 million, venture capital-backed healthcare services company. Mr. Hardesty has been involved in over 25 M&A transactions totaling over $2 billion in transaction value. Hardesty, a CPA was formerly an audit partner with Ernst & Young and was CFO of PPS, Inc., a $300 million publicly traded healthcare services company. He is also a member of FEI and the AICPA.